Monday, April 4, 2011

I'm a hot mess.

(Today's blog post will be full of whining. A true pity party, if you will. There. You've been warned.)

I'm sick. I have a loverly chest cold, complete with a wracking cough that's left me in agony. Every muscle in my chest and back hurt like there are a thousand knives being thrust into me. My nose is stuffed, my throat hurts, my tummy feels wonky, and the cherry on the sundae is that a certain event that occurs monthly in a woman's life is going to occur tomorrow, so I'm an emotional trainwreck as well as a physical one. Pity, party of one, your table is ready.

I had all these plans for today. I was going to get up early and hit the gym before going to the funeral home (a dear friend lost her battle on Friday), then come home and do a little sewing and cook a nice dinner. Yeah. None of that is happening. Well, the sewing might but that's it. And dinner. Gotta feed the anklebiters. I've also taken the gym off of tomorrow's schedule because of the funeral and the fact that I'll probably still be coughing up a lung.

But Wednesday's the day, I swear! I will be at the gym on Wednesday come hell or high water. And at least I can eat healthy in the meantime, right? The silver lining of being sick is that I have no appetite at all. (Amazing what not being able to taste anything will do for your waistline!)

I'm off to contemplate a nap. I've been up for two hours. It seems like a good time for a nap.

*sniffle*cough*honk*cough*sniffle*


No comments:

Post a Comment